Dark sun - Dream of the Storm
- Sorcerer-queen: Lalali-Puy
- Government: Religious Police State
One of the most prosperous cities in the Tablelands, Gulg is a large city ruled by Lalali-Puy, known to her people as the Oba or the Forest Goddess. The populace worships her as a deity, as required by law for citizens; many simply pay the required lip service such as to go unnoticed. To the north and northwest are the Crescent Mountains, and around it and to the north is the Crescent Forest and the Windbreak mountains. To the northeast, at the other end of the Crescent Forest is Nibenay, another religiously ruled state, though known for its unrest and extremely reclusive Sorcerer-king.
One of the only areas in the Tablelands which is not strictly desert, Gulg receives (with aid of the Oba and the Windbreak Mountains) an impressive 50cm of rainfall per year, much of which is used in irrigating its fields. Its slaves tend many orchards and fields.
- Noble District – nobles, templar, other wealthy people loyal to the Oba.
- Merchant District – Merchant houses, organizations, other non-affiliated wealthy people.
- Free District – Ordinary free citizens
- Slave District – Slaves owned by the city, who work fields, serve as low-ranking guards, etc.